Date(s) - 10/01/2022
9:30 am - 3:00 pm
Southern Illinois University Carbondale will host the annual “Music & Motion” high school marching band competition in Saluki Stadium, Saturday, Oct. 1.
Under the direction of George Brozak, director of athletic bands, this year’s competition will showcase 17 marching visiting schools from Illinois and Missouri and allow those students and their families an opportunity to spend time around SIU’s own Marching Salukis and the campus.
Gates open and ticket sales begin at 9:30 a.m. with competition starting at 10 a.m. and awards scheduled for 2:30 p.m. The cost is $10 for adults and $5 for youth and senior citizens. Children under 4 years old are admitted free. The Marching Salukis will perform a non-competitive exhibition right before the awards program
Class C Division
- Anna-Jonesboro Community High School.
- East Prairie High School, East Prairie, Missouri.
- Mater Dei High School
- Murphysboro High School.
- Puxico High School, Puxico, Missouri.
- Richland County High School, Olney.
- Sparta High School.
- Wesclin High School, Trenton.
Class B Division
- Carbondale Community High School.
- Carterville High School.
- Northwest High School, Cedar Hill, Mo.
- Pinckneyville Community High School.
Class AA Division
- Belleville West High School
- Marion High School.
Class A Division
- Cape Central High School, Cape Girardeau, Mo.
- Waterloo High Sch00l